From the Director's Desk:
October is the month of Festivals; we celebrated Saraswathi Puja and Ayudha Puja at IIIT-B. IIIT-B hosted a meeting for National e-Governance Academy at our campus. Some of our students participated and got selected for the second round in the ACM Intercollegiate Programming Contest (ICPC). We would like to congratulate the students who participated in the competition. We had the pleasure of hosting special delegation from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
Seasons greetings to you and your family!
|Faculty & Staff|
- Prof. Debabrata Das and Prof. Jyotsna Bapat visited MIT during last week September to explore opportunities for student exchange and other opportunities for collaboration. They had several meetings with faculty members from EECS department (Profs. Devdas, Hari Balkrishnan, Arvind and George Verghese), Sloane School of Business (Prof. Orlin, Dean Kothari), Media Labs (Prof. Sandy Pentland).
- Prof. Balaji Parthasarathy was invited to deliver a talk titled "Can the Bangalore miracle be repeated: Returning high-tech diaspora" at the DiasporaLink's International Transnational Diaspora and Entrepreneurship symposium organized by the Jönköping International Business School, Sweden, and the University of Stockholm in Stockholm on 6th and 7th October 2013.
- Prof. Balaji Parthasarathy was invited to deliver a talk on "ICTs as an enabler of growth" at the Seminar on Promoting Industrial Development in Ethiopia organized by Chamber Trade Sweden, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on 28th and 29th of October 2013.
- Prof. Madhav Rao presented a paper on "Simulation
Study of Processing Parameters for Solder Filled
Self Assembled 3D Micro-scale Structures" in
American Vacuum Science 60th International Symposium, held in Longbeach,
California, USA from October 27 to November 1, 2013.
Neha Oraon, IIIT-B Ph.D student is the primary author of the paper.
Link to the conference.
- Prof. Madhav Rao's co-authored paper titled "Growth of Carbon
nanotubes inside a silicon via to enable IC stacking applications",
was presented in International Vacuum Congress Conference held
in Paris, France, on September 9 to 13, 2013.
Link to the conference.
- Ms. Kavitha Narayanan has joined IIIT-B as Research Associate on October 28, 2013
Papers Presented :
Akansha Singh presented a paper titled Distributed Health Monitoring System for Control in Smart Grid Network at IEEE ISGT ASIA 2013 from 10-13th November 2013 in Bangalore.
- Akansha Singh presented a poster titled Two Tier Communication Architecture for Smart Meter Smart Grid Network at IEEE COMSNETS 2013 from 7-10th January 2013.
Papers Accepted :
- Paper titled Distributed Health Monitoring System for Control in Smart Grid Network, authored by Akansha Singh, Jyotsna Bapat and Debabrata Das,is accepted for presentation and publication by IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT ASIA) 2013 to be held in Sheraton Bangalore Hotel from 10-13 November 2013.
- Paper titled Vulnerability Analysis of Power Grid Network against Failures by State Classification, authored by Akansha Singh, Jyotsna Bapat and Debabrata Das, is accepted for presentation and publication by Electric Power and Energy Conference (EPEC) 2013 IEEE Canada, held at Halifax, Canada from 21-23 August 2013.
Intercollegiate competition :
- One MTech team and one IMtech team from IIIT-B are selected for
next onsite programming competition. Congratulations to the team members
who participated in the preliminary round of the ACM Intercollegiate
Programming Contest (ICPC). The students who are selected for next
round are listed below:
IMTech team members:
Anisha Nazareth, Anusha P. S. and Tanmayee Narendra
MTech team members:
Bhargav Khamar, Nirav Bakori, Mayur Patidar, Ankit sadariya
The ACM preliminary contest was held on
23rd October, 2013. ACM ICPC is a multitier team-based programming
competition which involves participation from 2000 universities from
over 80 countries on six continents. The contest helps students to
nurture creativity, teamwork, and innovation in building new
software programs. The contest tests students ability to perform under
pressure in a time slot of
four hours. More details on the competition can be found here:
- Sunil Kumar Vuppala, GN Srinivasa Prasanna presented their work on “Optimization of energy management in Smart Grid”, interactive session in INFORMS Annual meeting Conference 2013, Minneapolis, MN, Oct 2013.
- Abhilasha Aswal, Anushka Chandrababu, GN Srinivasa Prasanna Presented their work on "Robust Approach to Solving Optimization Problems in Indian Rail and Road", Interactive session in INFORMS Annual meeting Conference 2013, Minneapolis, MN, Oct 2013.
For More Deatails : https://informs.emeetingsonline.com/emeetings/formbuilder/clustersessiondtl.asp?csnno=19818&mmnno=250&ppnno=74318
|September 25, 2013 - October 8, 2013
- National e-Governance Academy meeting conducted at IIIT-B on October 1, 2013
- Srishti ESDM starting of operation ceremony at -Innovation Center, IIIT-B on October 7, 2013
- 36th Senate Meeting of IIIT-B held on October 9, 2013
- IIIT-B celebrated Saraswathi pooja and Ayudha pooja on October11, 2013
- Director's Merit list for MTech 2012-13 batch announced on October 23, 2013.
Jayati Deshmukh (MT2012056)
Lalwani Amarkumar Bhagwandas (MT2012073)
Rangan Dutta (MT2012114)
Venkata Sai Sriram Mahavadi(MT2012160)
Vijay Huddar (MT2012161)
Ritu Sharma (MT2012117)
Navik Yogesh Laljibhai(MT2012086)
Rupali Aeja (MT2012120)
- iMtech Director's Merit list announced on October 29, 2013
Anusha P S(IMT2012007)
Tanmayee Narendra (IMT2012046)
Ananth Murthy (IMT2012004)
|October 31, 2013
||Vikram Shah, Investor, Mentor, Board Member and Advisor, NetApp |
- Damian Thompson Global Coordinator The Conversation, Melbourne, Australia visited IIIT-B on October 1, 2013.
- Mr. Sanjay Agarwal, HP visits IIIT-B on October 30, 2013.
- Pitchaiah, Director, Finance, BEML visited IIITB on October 30, 2013.
- A delegation comprising of Prof. Christopher Chau: Dean of Engineering-Research & Graduate Studies and Mr.Tin Yu Wang: Director, Professional Programme & External Development, HKUST visited IIIT-B on October 24, 2013